Monday, May 2, 2011

The Royal Wedding And My Oldest Friends

In 1986, 6 little girls got together at a slumber party to watch Sarah Ferguson , Duchess of York marry Prince Andrew.We planned our own princess weddings and toasted to the bride and groom with sparkling grape juice.
Now, 25 years later, we came together to watch Prince William marry Kate Middleton. Now having planned and had our own princess weddings and started our own royal families there was nothing left to do but drink mimosas, comment on the attire and gossip about old teachers and face lifts.

This is the first time I have gotten to use my china. I can't think of better girls to share it with!




The royal wedding cake complete with Will and Kate's initials.



Us then. Christine, Courtney,  Me, Anne, Lauren and Alyson




Us now. Christine, Courtney, Me, Anne and Lauren (+ a Princess Clair running in the back ground!). Unfortunately we were minus Alyson due to her living  in Dallas. We definitely missed her. I think it's pretty remarkable that we all still know each other. I am proud to say that all of these girls have turned into such amazing women. I couldn't think of better people to watch the wedding with!



No comments:

Post a Comment